Director of Development - LSU College of Human Sciences and EducationCompany: LSU Foundation
Date Posted: October 18, 2016
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Qualify prospective donors for portfolio
- Create individual goals for each donor in the portfolio
- Establish an engagement plan for each donor on the caseload that is focused on fulfilling the donor’s interests and passions, subsequently executing that plan and modifying it as circumstances change
- Work with college faculty and staff to secure project information for creating compelling giving opportunities (front-end) and reporting to donors on how their giving made a difference (back-end)
- Utilize the donor database effectively to document progress with donors
- Follow the policies and procedures to coordinate appropriately with all fundraising agencies on campus
- Interact and collaborate with colleagues and fellow team members on a regular basis
- Attend events or meetings as needed and performs other duties as assigned
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve on internal committees as appropriate.
- Collaboration: Works collegially with others within the organization, cooperating in both interpersonal and team relationships; fosters enthusiasm and maintains mutual trust, candor and respect.
- Relationship Building: Develops, maintains, and strengthens relationships with others outside of the organization.
- Timely Decision Making/Judgment: Demonstrates the ability to make judicious and effective decisions.
- Adaptability: Responds to changing circumstances by being innovative and altering behavior to better fit different situations; successfully works with new colleagues; willing to be flexible; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Tenacity: Achieves a desired outcome in the face of setbacks, obstacles or challenging circumstances.
- Critical Thinking: Practices objective rather than subjective modes of reasoning and action. Maintains perspective when assessing qualitative and quantitative information. Appropriately challenges and questions common beliefs.
- Effective Communication: Shares and receives information using clear oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Emotional Intelligence: Identifies and manages the emotions of self and the emotions of others.
- Attention to Detail/Accuracy: Focuses on paying attention to all details and aspects of a job or process to avoid substandard outputs.
- Professionalism: Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one’s words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of three years of major gift fundraising experience
- A proven track record of soliciting and securing major gifts in a university environment
- Familiarity with electronic university advancement databases
- Exceptional written and oral communicative skills
- The ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Sensitivity to the need of diverse constituencies
- A team player with a goal-oriented approach to work
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- The ability to represent the organization in a professional, positive, manner
The successful candidate can anticipate approximately 50% of their time to be spent traveling.
*This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this document restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.