Prospect Management AnalystCompany: LSU Foundation
Date Posted: October 18, 2016
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Complex Analysis & Reporting
- Analyzes donor trends based on region, funding interests, and other factors pertinent to the cultivation and solicitation process.
- Provides analysis on collected assignments, contact, proposal, pledge and gift data to determine target areas for prospect pool growth.
- Interprets prospect and donor information and facilitates communication regarding prospects to staff of all levels and technical abilities. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Performs analysis to assess the effectiveness of overall strategies and provides ongoing training to staff on tracking and managing their fundraising activities and reporting.
Reporting & Data Maintenance
- Works closely with Director to develop ad-hoc database queries that identify and segment target populations in Advance, while analyzing prospect and donor constituencies.
- Extracts data and develops designs of visual reports based on the needs of the division and senior staff around prospect management, engagement measurement, pipeline development, key performance indicators, activity forecasting, and bench-marking.
- Creates and updates prospect profiles and maintains prospect records.
- Works closely with Research to incorporate new prospects into portfolios and aids in the referral of prospect information to fundraising units.
- In conjunction with the Director, works closely with the Advancement Services technology staff to standardize and systematize routine reports, dashboards and metrics.
Development Support & Training
- Under the general direction of the Director, develops planning tools, reports, presentations and trainings to enhance team building and address the business needs of the development officers.
- Collaborates with the technical trainer on specialized training sessions in response to specific needs or new technology.
- Ensures follow-up on moves management tasks and action items with Development Officers.
- Develops and maintains training and instructional materials related to Prospect Management and Tracking.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- At least two years of work experience in a professional setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a higher education or philanthropic environment
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The LSU Foundation wishes to fill this position quickly, but finding the right candidate is more important than the timeline, therefore the position will remain open until filled.
An offer of employment is contingent upon a satisfactory pre-employment background check. The LSU Foundation is an equal opportunity/equal access employer.