Director of DevelopmentCompany: Congregation of the Sisters of the Holy Family, New Orleans, Louisiana
Date Posted: December 14, 2016
Essential Job Functions
- Provide leadership in conceiving and implementing a comprehensive development program including timeline and measurable outcomes.
- Leadership and management of a capital campaign.
- Work with Congregational leadership to implement in identifying major gift prospects for a capital campaign.
- Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with donor and leadership prospects.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with the leadership of the Archdiocese of Louisiana, the Catholic Community Foundation, Catholic Charities and other communities in which the Sisters have served.
- Manage development staff or volunteers and their activities including gift processing, prospect research, grant writing, and drafting of print communications, etc.
- Oversee all fundraising activities within the Congregation.
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- 5+ years of experience in development
- Measurable fundraising progress year over year
- Previous experience running a capital campaign
- Excellent organizational, managerial, along with written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of fundraising database platforms
- Evidence of interest and/or ability to successfully grow a development program
- Evening/weekend work occasionally required as well as travel to cultivate donors
- Understanding of the practices, principles and policies of the Roman Catholic Church
Please send cover letter, with salary history and resume, to email@example.com