PresidentCompany: Junior Achievement of Baton Rouge and Acadiana
Date Posted: January 26, 2017
Junior Achievement of Baton Rouge and Acadiana, a nonprofit is the leader in educating our youth about financial literacy, entrepreneurship and becoming workforce ready. In partnership with schools, and volunteers from the workforce and diverse corporate and community partners, JA integrates curriculum on entrepreneurship, financial literacy and work readiness into the classroom for students, kindergarten through high school.
The Board of Directors, headquartered in Baton Rouge, is seeking candidates for the position of President. The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in corporate, foundation and special event fundraising, as well as strong leadership, interpersonal and communications skills. Diverse responsibilities in this role include board development, strategic planning, financial management, and staff management/development.
• Assures operations are in compliance with all requirements of Junior Achievement USA and local Board of Directors.
• Assures the financial stability of the organization to support operational and strategic plans including the development and implementation of effective fund raising campaigns, accurate and timely financial reporting, analysis of financial information; development of a budget and management of financial resources to meet all organizational objectives.
• Develops and implements strategic plans that assure both company stability and growth within the context of the internal and external market forces and regulations.
• Works with the Board of Directors to develop policy and assure proper governance of the organization.
• Works with the Chairman of the Board of Directors to recruit, orient, and encourage engagement of Board members; manage effective regular meetings with the Board including the development of the agenda and any reports and materials.
• Accurately projects staffing requirements; recruits, hires and trains associates; manages staff performance to assure achievement of all goals and objectives.
• Manages implementation of all programs and ensures programs are executed within acceptable standards to assure growth in student impact.
• Alongside the Board manages a public awareness plan and acts as a representative with governmental, political, community, civic and industry groups.
• Financial and business acumen; strong oral/written communication; collaborative skills.
• Seven or more years of business or nonprofit leadership experience is required.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Skilled at understanding how to build relationships long-term, how to be politely persistent and thorough in follow-up.
• Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to network and build mutually beneficial relationships in the community.
• Extensive experience dealing with business and community leaders. A strong base of current networking contacts is a plus.
• Relevant nonprofit management experience and/or CFRE desired
Mail, e-mail, or fax resume with salary requirements to be received no later than noon on Tuesday February 21st 2017
One Education Way
Colorado Springs, CO 80906 email@example.com (note “Baton Rouge” as Subject)
Fax (719) 540-6172