Development Services CoordinatorCompany: LSU Foundation
Date Posted: July 28, 2017
The Development Services Coordinator provides administrative support for fundraising and development related events and tasks. The Coordinator works closely with the Senior Director of Development and the development office to implement all aspects of the development plan for the LSU E. J. Ourso College of Business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform administrative tasks related to all aspects of development:
- Produce letters, memorandums, and other correspondence in correct format and ready for distribution.
- Maintain calendar of Senior Director of Development (e.g. arrange meetings and set appointments).
- Compile and maintain monthly gift reports.
- Coordinate travel plans.
- Process expenses and create expense reports.
- Organize meetings, including securing appropriate meeting space, preparing materials, and attend meetings as needed to take minutes.
- Coordinate the day-to-day office management for the development staff.
- Work with the development staff to create a plan of events and activities on campus and throughout Louisiana and the country, as well as in collaboration with the chancellor’s office and other colleges when appropriate.
- Works with the college’s communications staff to develop donor related materials and communications.
Marginal Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage donor database for the college, including biographical and prospect information.
- Assist Director and Associate Director with expense reports, travel arrangements and calendars.
- Maintain office organization, including new and existing accounts and donor agreements.
- Complete projects/reports as requested by Senior Director of Development.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of two years post-college work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- A willingness to learn and master proprietary donor database
- Ability to work independently with little supervision in order to handle a wide variety of administrative and support related tasks
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability, and attention to detail
Preferred Knowledge & Skill Qualifications
- Experience working in development or in a higher education environment
Work Environment Requirements
- May be required to occasionally work extended workdays, evenings or weekends