Executive Director of Corporate & Foundation RelationsCompany: LSU Foundation
Date Posted: August 10, 2017
The LSU Foundation is seeking a talented professional to join its team as its Executive Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations. This individual will be charged with providing strategic and proactive leadership for University’s fundraising from regional, national, and international corporations, foundations, and other institutional sources. Jointly reporting to the LSU Foundation Vice President of Development and the Executive Vice President and Provost, the executive director will work closely with academic and fundraising leaders on campus including deans, unit directors, lead development officers, and others in senior management positions. In addition to the core strategic planning and fundraising responsibilities, the senior director will supervise and manage the Foundation’s Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain long-term partnerships with corporations and foundations that result in support for the mission and stated priorities of LSU.
- Lead the identification, management, strategic planning, communications, solicitations and stewardship process with to corporations and foundations.
- Provide “one-stop-shop” service for internal/LSU constituencies (e.g., administrators, deans, center directors, department chairs, faculty, staff, and development officers) and external audiences and clients (e.g., corporate recruiting/research/university relations representatives, foundation program officers, etc.). This includes but is not limited to customized events, meetings, stewardship and communications.
- Facilitate and improve relationship building with key corporate and foundation partners, with a view toward maximizing value-added benefits. These interactions may include any or all of the following: recruiting, sponsored research, executive and employee training, coastal and environmental action/projects, intellectual property and “tech transfer,” and all manner of philanthropic donations.
- Identify funding opportunities for colleges and units both for philanthropy and research.
- Management of direct reports to assign tasks in meeting internal and external needs.
- Develop and manage the strategic direction of the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations.
- Facilitate internal dialogue for large collaborations and shared opportunities.
- Serves as a member of the LSU Corporate Council and works with other corporate facing campus units to expand to breadth of the company’s relationship with LSU through the hiring of students and sponsored research.
Marginal Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete projects/reports as requested.
- A bachelor’s degree from a fully accredited college or university.
- Five to ten years of progressively advancing fundraising experience, preferably in corporate and foundation relations at a major research university.
- Excellent writing, listening, and speaking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, computer competence.
- Knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, often high-stressed environment.
Preferred Knowledge & Skill Qualifications
- Advanced degree from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising from corporations and foundations, including direct experience cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding.
- Supervise and manage the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations.
Work Environment Requirements
- Ability and willingness to travel and occasionally work evenings and weekends.