Development and Communications CoordinatorCompany: Kingsley House, Inc.
Date Posted: August 14, 2017
Duties and Responsibilities:
The purpose of the Development and Communications Coordinator position is to provide support and service in the Development Department for the following task:
The following list of duties is intended to offer examples of activities to be performed by the DCA and is not intended to be fully comprehensive:
- Clerical and administrative support for the Development Department
- Assume responsibilities within the Fund Development Department as directed by Chief Development Officer including but not limited to correspondence, donor data entry, donor reports and donor recognition
- Development related communications and other donor relations.
- Event coordination
- Provide direct administrative support to the Chief Development Officer
- Maintenance of Grants and Communications Calendar
- Research prospect and grant opportunities
- Work closely with the Chief Development Officer and Communications and Events Director with event planning and public relations
- Work at major events as assigned, which may include weekends and evenings Work at major events as assigned, which may include weekends and evenings
- Photographing programming and agency events
- Run department errands when needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEE:
- Possess and apply excellent interpersonal, communication, verbal and written skills
- Present in a professional manner, be able to perform independently and possess the ability to maintain strict individual (donor, participant, staff, volunteer) and agency confidentiality
- Possess and apply knowledge of marketing, public relations, event management and development
- Able to provide appropriate follow-up to current contributors and potential prospects
- Be a self starter, detail oriented, organized, and open to continued professional development and opportunities to learn
- Able to meet deadlines, well organized, and able to work under pressure of multiple deadlines; demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Computer literate with specific proficiency in graphic design (including newsletters, e‑newsletters and advertisements), website management, database management, mail merges, e-mail merges, and MS Office Professional.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to participant, personnel and proprietary agency information.
- Acts as a role model within and outside of the agency, including an ability to relate well and to collaborate with other agencies.
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures.
- Must maintain access to reliable transportation and maintain a clean driving record.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCES:
Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or a related field with strong fund development and writing background; Minimum of five years proven experience within the field; Experience in Raiser's Edge and mass merging of letters and other printed materials, including use of Word and Excel; Experience in fund development.