Development Services CoordinatorCompany: Louisiana State University
Date Posted: November 8, 2017
College of Human Sciences & Education
Office of Development and Alumni Engagement
The Development Services Coordinator reports to and works primarily in collaboration with the Senior Director of Development in the Pre-College Division of the CHSE Office of Development & Alumni Engagement. The Development Services Coordinator offers support to the LSU Laboratory School Foundation team with an emphasis on administrative and development focused tasks.
Administrative Support to Team
- Perform general administrative duties such as managing the calendar and activities of the director, preparation of expense reports, mailings, travel arrangements, meeting coordination, new agreement paperwork, and account forms, ordering supplies, call reports, and task entries for the team.
- Coordinate team meetings and facilitate the director’s management of those meetings.
- Provide support to the director and other development professionals by running reports and clipboards in Advance and providing scheduled giving reports.
- Conduct oneself in a professional, friendly and truthful manner to volunteers and donors.
- Support the advancement efforts of the units by ensuring graduate assistants and student workers are trained on Advance
- Organize all details related to meetings of boards and development task forces.
- Coordinate the day-to-day development-based activities
Development Support to Team
- Maintains quality control of development materials for the unit:
- Utilizing the Advance database, submits bio information obtained by development staff (contact, employment, marital, birthdays, student activities, etc.) to the Records team.
- Handles the coordination, and distribution of appointment lists, proposals, etc.
- Ensures all reports produced in the unit are kept up to date.
- Works in coordination with development team on events and mailings.
- Entering contact reports for team.
- Serve on appropriate LSU Foundation committees that advance the development efforts of the units and the university
- Address special projects and functions as assigned by director
Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of work experience in an administrative capacity
Experience in research and development, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
May be required to occasionally work extended workdays, evenings or weekends
LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; annual and sick leave; 14 paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption; training and development opportunities; employee discounts and more!
LSU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity/equal access employer.