Administrative AssistantCompany: Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge
Date Posted: November 16, 2017
Office of Stewardship
This position provides administrative support to the Director and the office that promotes diocesan goals in the area of Stewardship and Development through professional and efficient business and technical support. This position’s major responsibility is to ensure that donors receive the best service for, and stewardship of, their charitable gifts. Utilizing Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge software, this position is responsible for updating biographical information for constituent records, exporting various mailing lists, analyzing and scrubbing data to ensure accuracy and avoid duplication of records, generating financial and donor prospect reports, and entering donor contact reports. Responsibilities also include producing donor correspondence by performing mailing merges using Microsoft Office and Excel and providing administrative support including, by not limited to, meeting coordination, calendar management and filing. This position operates under minimum supervision and requires confidentiality, handling of sensitive information and matters requiring discretion.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School graduate with a minimum of three years’ experience in office administration; business school or some college preferred.
- Excellent typing/word processing skills and proficient in various computer programs to include Microsoft Office Professional.
- Proficiency utilizing Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge software required.
- Strong grammatical skills, attention to detail, and strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills essential.
- Must be able to work within established guidelines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in handling difficult and/or sensitive situations, with ability to maintain confidentiality in all transactions.
- Ability to exercise good organizational and time management skills, ability to manage projects and multiple priorities.
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until it is filled.