Associate Director of Development for Annual Fund & Membership DevelopmentCompany: Louisiana State University
Date Posted: November 20, 2017
Office of Development & Alumni Engagement
The LSU Laboratory School, in conjunction with the LSU College of Human Sciences and Education, is seeking a mission-driven, experienced professional with exceptional fundraising abilities to serve as Associate Director of Development (Annual Fund and Membership Development Programs). Reporting to the Senior Director of Development in the Pre-College Division of the CHSE Office of Development & Alumni Engagement, the primary focus of this position is responsible for the strategic development and continued growth of annual appeal and membership programs for parents, alumni, grandparents, faculty and staff.
- Execute a successful strategy for three development programs: existing Annual Appeal and development and implementation of an Alumni Association and a Grateful Grandparent Program (strategy to include elements of visits, phone, email, mail and social media communication)
- Develop and coordinate the comprehensive programs to broaden the donor base and increase overall participation and financial support to the school
- Propose data-driven fundraising goals, objectives, strategies, schedules, and analysis of results for each element of each effort
- Coordinates and develops constituencies including tracking donor acquisition and renewals, managing memberships and assisting with stewardship activities
- Identifies donors and prospects between $500 and $5,000 with a focus on increasing annual gifts
- Works with LSU Foundation Marketing/Communications, Lab School Communications and the CHSE Office of Communications to coordinate a cohesive marketing effort to increase gifts through publications, social media and social networking/events
- Writes messages and content concerning giving including printed, electronic and verbal script materials
- Works with fundraising software (Ellucian Advance) regularly generating reports
- Train, direct and steward more than 100 volunteers each year.
- Update the database with call notes and new information to effectively document progress with donors
- Learn about programs and projects and effectively communicate the mission to donors.
- Research, identify and promote hand-off of high capacity donors to the Sr. Director of Development.
- Meets with Sr. Director of Development on a weekly basis for accountability and to discuss strategy and next steps.
- Work with faculty and staff to secure project information for creating compelling giving opportunities (front-end) and reporting to donors on how their giving made a difference (back-end)
- Work with appropriate LSU Foundation central staff gaining best practices and models to advance the development efforts of the Lab School
- Follow policies and procedures to coordinate appropriately with all fundraising agencies on campus
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Sales/Marketing or related curriculum and at least five years of related experience
CFRE and three years of experience in fundraising specifically related to annual fund/membership development with a proven track record of managing volunteers and soliciting and securing gifts.
Ideal candidates will have: the ability and/or proven evidence of the ability to: Communicate at an advanced level, oral and written; exhibit strong phone skills, for example: warm tone, good speaking cadence, clear and articulate speech; attentiveness to detail; sensitivity to the need of diverse constituencies; conduct oneself in a professional, friendly and truthful manner to volunteers and donors; a team player with a goal-oriented approach to work; strong organizational and time management skills; participate in a teamwork driven environment; demonstrate a proficiency in building relationships; exhibit effective interpersonal skills that demonstrates tact, patience, and courtesy; possess in-depth knowledge about donor databases; manage time and task completion effectively; handle tasks independently; commitment to excellence in achieving metrics and team goals and objectives
Special or Physical Qualifications
May be required to occasionally work extended workdays, evenings or weekends and an occasional holiday.
Additional Position Information
Background Check - An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check. Application deadline is December 4, 2017.
LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; annual and sick leave; 14 paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption; training and development opportunities; employee discounts and more!
LSU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity/equal access employer.
HCM Contact Information
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu.
To learn more and apply: https://lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/LSU/job/LSU---Baton-Rouge/Associate-Director-of-Development-for-Annual-Fund---Membership-Development--Pre-College-Division-_R00018599-1