Director of Corporate RelationsCompany: LSU Foundation
Date Posted: December 9, 2017
The LSU Foundation is seeking a talented professional to join its team as its Director of Corporate Relations. This individual will be charged with providing proactive leadership to advance the University’s fundraising goals from regional, national, and international corporations, corporate foundations and other sources. Jointly reporting to the LSU Foundation Vice President of Development and the Executive Director of Communications and External Relations in the Office of Academic Affairs, the director will work with academic and fundraising leaders on campus including deans, unit directors, lead development officers, and others in senior management positions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and maintain a portfolio of new and long-term partnerships with corporations that advance the mission and stated priorities of LSU.
- Work within the development enterprise to identify, evaluate, cultivate and solicit five- and particularly six figure (and larger) philanthropic commitments to support the mission and goals of the University.
- Maintain a rigorous portfolio of corporate contacts, create and facilitate moves management plans, develop compelling presentations and comprehensive fundraising proposals.
- Identify emerging business leadership and industry trends with a special emphasis on developing high value corporate alliances.
- Serve as primary liaison and coordinator between the development enterprise and the LSU Corporate Council, whose primary mission is to identify, facilitate and maximize relationships with prospective corporate partners, with a view toward maximizing value-added benefits.
- Initiate opportunities for faculty, administrators, and deans to interact with corporate prospects and interpret/translate corporate interests to university constituencies.
- Supervise and manage the activities of the Assistant Director of Operations for Corporate Relations, who in part, facilitates the planning and execution of donor-centric activities on behalf of CFR.
- Works collaboratively with the communications and corporate relations specialist in the Office of Academic Affairs to support and steward the university’s strategic partners.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively advancing fundraising experience
- A minimum of three years of experience directing and managing a results-oriented team while maintaining best practices, camaraderie, and shared accountability
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening)
- Ability and willingness to travel and occasionally work evenings and weekends
- Advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated success in corporate fundraising at a major research university
- Entrepreneurial instincts, intellectual curiosity, and an ability to work both independently and as a team member
- A collaborative spirit and approach to fundraising
- A team player comfortable with ambiguity as decisions or processes evolve over time and the ability to quickly refine strategies after receiving feedback from stakeholders
- The ability to set priorities, manage time, leverage limited resources, and meet deadlines
- The ability to analyze data and recognize patterns or pathways that provide insight into a company’s culture