Benefits of Membership in AFP of Greater Baton Rouge
Members of AFP of Greater Baton Rouge have access to all the benefits and programs of AFP International, including:
- Training programs and books, webinars and audioconferences
- Free research on any fundraising topics, through Resource Center
- eWire newsletter
- Support for professional certification program, CFRE
- Annual conferences
- Reduced meeting fees
- Directories of members and consultants
- Subscription to Advancing Philanthropy magazine
Additional Benefits Available to GBR Chapter Members
- Monthly meetings with local networking opportunities and educational and informational programs.
- Free mentoring sessions monthly, involving open discussions and Q&A time with seasoned professionals.
- Free access several times a year to AFP audio conferences.
- Notices about various activities and events of closely related organizations, including the Louisiana Association of Nonprofit Organizations (LANO), Partnership for Philanthropic Planning (PPP) and Planned Giving Council of Greater Baton Rouge (PGC GBR), Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and New Orleans, North Shore, Lake Charles, and Shreveport AFP Chapters.
- Opportunity to participate in the celebration of National Philanthropy Day, including the right to nominate individuals and organizations for local and national awards.
- Eligibility for special scholarship awards to members only, including free registration for annual AFP International Conference.